Saturday, July 20, 2013

How I feel~ raw and real.

I can't believe how fast the summer is going. I had a dream the other night that it was Halloween and I was all upset b/c that meant winter was coming. 
I've said this before and I'll say it again for I go any further.. since this is my blog, if I sound like i'm complaining or whiny.. stop reading now. This is my outlet. I share b/c I've had a lot of people tell me they appreciate my honesty etc.. for anyone who wants to pick apart what I have to say or tell me how I "should" feel.. leave now. Not trying to be sassy but I am just not in a place that I need anyone's judgement or advice. 
I feel like this is the hardest season we've ever gone through. Which is saying a lot. We've dealt w/ A LOT. Haley has had so many surgeries and bladder exstrophy doesn't go away. It's always at the back of my mind that her having a UTI can pop up at any time. I don't lose sleep over it, but it's there. Isaiah is in a contant state of almost crisis. Right now we are deciding if we should home school him. I am tired of fighting to keep him in a school system that requires me to continue to fight every single year for something they should just do for him. So there's that. I worry about Jeremiah and Savannah having to watch their siblings go through all this and make sure that I am there for them. Cancer. That by FAR has taken life and stress to a whole new level. Seriously. I keep hearing, well at least it's not....blah blah blah.. well guess what? this is what it is for us. SCARY. it's rare, like not quite 6,000 men get diagnosed w/ sarcoma in the US a YEAR. Trying to deal with the fact that my husband is going through cancer treatment is hard. I'm tired of hearing about how worse it could be. I didn't want him to have to deal with this at ALL. I think i need to talk to other wives that go through this.I need to talk to other moms who deal w/ the same issues as Isaiah, I've already talked w/ mom's that have kids that have Bladder Exstrophy. All these conditions and rare things that we juggle. And I'm trying to juggle my emotions from all of it. I already deal w/ depression and anxiety. I know God is here and all that goes with that. I know that as a christian I have to listen to God's truth and not my feelings. But dang.. this crap is overwhelming. 
I hate seeing my family go thru this. 
I can't NOT feel that. The ripple affect of all of it scares me..
I feel like I'm completely failing at being a supportive wife to Darnell right now. I need to be Isaiah's advocate and get him help( which I am working on)..
Yes I need to talk to my counselor. but all of the cirumstances don't change. I know I can't change them, I have to change my attitude. Well when I figure out how to make depression and anxiety and fear go away... I can't fix that. I am working on my attitude. today however.. like I said.. this is where i'm at. 2 of our kids have August birthdays, school starts in the beginning of september.. we have to figure out how to get school clothes and supplies and shoes..those things always work out..maybe just unloading all that runs through my brain on here helps.. i don't know. I just know that I trust God but I am angry. It's ok to be angry with God. He can handle it. I'm angry and sad and I wish I had that freaking happy go lucky-life will get better- attitude. I don't. 
I want to cry. I want that horrible feeling in my stomach to go away. 
so i've gone on long enough. 
in all honesty...I'm overwhelmed, scared and mentally and emotionally exhausted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment