Monday, April 23, 2012

New Church!

Yesterday we went to church and then in the evening went to a praise and worship night. I have hesitated to write about this, but I'm so excited about our new church that I just can't not talk about it. See, I spent my ENTIRE life at the same church. The last 5 years or so I have pretty much had one foot out the door. There were circumstances that caused me to not be able to attend church but in all honesty my heart was slowly detaching from that church, for various reasons. I didn't know what to do. Our kids loved going and I didn't and wasn't going to get in the way of that. So I would drop them off on Wednesday nights. However I wasn't going to church at all and I was starting to feel it, spiritually. And to go to a different church just felt wrong. I didn't even know how to go about it really especially since Darnell worked on Sunday mornings. I didn't want to go to a new place by myself w/ the kids. Well several months ago a friend of mine had suggested trying out "Great Lakes church" in Kenosha. I really wanted to go and check it out, but it must not have been the right time. So in March Darnell happened to have a sunday off and we decided to go and check it out. Well I knew IMMEDIATELY that was our new church. It just got better from there...Darnell got a new job that now he has Sunday's off. And to top it all off there's going to be a Racine campus of Great lakes Church starting in the fall. Darnell is going to be one of the youth directors....or whatever you wanna call it. I've gone to church for the last 6 weeks. I haven't gone to church that consistently in YEARS. 
I will be honest and say it was hard to actually be totally done at a church I grew up in, got baptized and married in. However I know God has a plan. This is about HIM and his will for our lives. I'm finding myself looking forward to church again and realizing that God sometimes has to change things up to get your attention. He's got mine! I love my new church but I love even more that God is working in my life. 
On another note, I seem to be on a headache spree...they just aren't quitting. They get better for a little while however it just doesn't go away. It's frustrating. It saps my energy. Physically I just feel like crap. 
All in all, I'm pumped about to see what God is going to do in our lives, in this all new chapter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment