Wednesday, January 9, 2013

KNITTING, KNITTING AND MORE KNITTING!!!




That is the hat I made for Isaiah! I'm so excited!! I am LOVING all the knitting that I am doing. I never thought I'd be a knitter. I started off crocheting, my mom taught me how. 10 years ago I would never have even considered crocheting or knitting. Now that's all I want to do. Is that what happens when you hit 35? haha.

I watch a lot of Youtube tutorials that help me figure things out. This scarf I was determined to learn how to make. Thanks to Youtube, I did it!


I am going to be making A LOT more! I found the same type of yarn on Amazon in green and gold! So all my packer fan friends, if you would like a scarf let me know!  So far I have made cotton dish cloths, scarves, a hat and have crocheted a couple of blankets. Not too shabby for a newbie!
Yesterday Haley stayed home sick from school so I took the opportunity to show her how to knit using the circular loom. She made her first hat! Then when Savannah got home she wanted to learn too! so now they both are in the middle of working on a hat and I'm going to need to buy another circular loom kit because if I want to make a hat I need a loom! I lay in bed thinking about what I want to make. Is that pathetic? Oh well if it is! It's so relaxing and gives you such a feeling of accomplishment when you make something that people like.  My living room is turning into a mess w/ yarn and knitting needles and looms all over the place. I need to get a system down to get it all organized! Either way I'm having a blast!!! Stay tuned for my next blog when I will add some more pics of my latest projects!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment