Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013!!!!!

Happy New Year!!! 

I can't believe it's 2013 already! This year we will have 3 teenagers in our house before the end of the year. I know it's a long ways out but it still is a chilling thought.haha.
2012 wasn't the greatest year. Darnell likes to refer to it as the year I almost died. I feel that's a bit dramatic but in the summer when my blood counts were half of what they should be and I needed blood transfusions and then ultimately had surgery because the Dr said the only reason for the surgery was so I wouldn't bleed to death, maybe he's right? 

I've been thinking though...every year we start the new year with either 1 of 2 thoughts. That the previous year was awful and we're glad to see it go or it was the best ever and can't wait for the new year to begin. I find that most people, including myself, fall into the later category. We can't wait for 2012 to be over etc...I've felt that way the last few years. When really it all is what it is. We have ups and downs and peaks and valleys. I would like to think that I am slowly learning to just go with it. No month or year is ever going to be perfect. I know I put so much expectation on what a new year will bring and then am disappointed when it doesn't go as planned. This year I don't have any expectations. God is in control. It will be what it's going to be. How I head into it and the attitude I have will determine how great a year it will be. 

I am done working now. I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to work. It felt good to be able to contribute to our bank account, lol. But man was it a long haul. I guess when you work 4 weeks straight without a day off you feel a bit worn out. But my place is at home. My kids may be older but they need me just as much. So I am ringing in the new year happy that I am back in my place as a stay at home mom!!! 
I hope all my friends and family have a great new year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment