Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Why do I care what people think about me???

So some stuff has been rolling around in my brain, so I figure my blog is as good a place as any to let it all out. My question to myself, and well whoever, is, WHY DO I CARE SO MUCH ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK ABOUT ME?? I mean really...I am pretty much an open book. However, there is still a part of me that holds back in case I might give someone the wrong idea about me or whatever. The thruth is, I am me. Take me or leave me. I have struggled w/ an issue and honestly I do not believe it's conviction, it's me worrying about what people, may think. So here it is. Tonight I took a hot bath in my awesome new soaker bath tub, reading a good book and enjoyed ONE glass of wine. I grew up w/ it drilled into my head that drinking of any sort is wrong. Then I am reminded of how people in bible times drank wine w/ every meal. I didn't drink to get drunk. So.. why do I feel weird? Well I'll tell you, it's because I'm afraid that"people" will think I'm not a christian, blah blah blah. I am also reminded that what may convict one person, willl not convict someone else. So.. with that being said, if you look at my facebook, you will see that I did enjoy one glass of wine tonight. Am I drunk? NO. Do I feel bad? NO. Why am I explaining all this? because I beleive sometimes when you DON'T explain things, people, friends, family get the wrong idea. So I don't need an intervetion, I am not going off the deep end ( if that was going to happen it would've happened already!)...As I have gotten older, I have realized that things in moderation are good. So enough of that. Just felt the need to put it out there, this is me, this is how I feel, and I'm all good!

Today was Haley's 5th grade graduation ceremony, she won 4 awards. She was nominated for a really big award and was a runner up. We are so proud of her. I took pics so they will be posted later. I also am proud of myself for getting the kitchen at the old house clean, for the most part. The floors, fridge and stove are done. That was the hardest part. There are a few little things left, and we are FINALLY done!!!!! Let me just say, I hate the moving process. I am overwhelmed and thankful for how God has provided for us, so I'm not complaining. I just am saying I am exhausted!!!!! Darnell has to work overtime tomorrow. I am anxious to let my back relax a bit and get everything settled here at our new house. We have a lot of CRAP!!! I am almost losing count w/ how many trips to Good will I have made. But it's almost done!!! Well I am heading out for the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment