Saturday, May 29, 2010

Spent the day w/ my dad!

I spent the day w/ my dad today. I still can't believe it. It was the 2nd time in my life, and the 1st time in 15 years! My kids met their grandpa for the first time. It was an amazing day! The kids were a little stand off-ish...I think they were a little overwhelmed. But all in all, it was great! It felt good to hug my dad. I wish we didn't live so far away. I am so thankful for this 2nd chance. I feel like a void has been filled. I grew up in a great home w/ my mom. She loved me, took care of me, did everything she could to make sure I had a stable life. And I did. My dad was not a part of my childhood for various reasons, none of which matter anymore. I feel like there was always a part of me that was missing, sounds cliche I guess, but it's true. My mom did an awesome job. And she is absolutely supportive of my new found relationship w/ my dad. I am very blessed!

I am loving our new house. The view is beautiful, the house is great...I am so thankful for this new chapter in our life. It's been a rough, well it's been a rough few years really. I feel like we are turning a corner. THANK GOD!!! Thru all the struggles and strife, God shows up and turns it all around. Sure, life isn't perfect, however we were never promised it would be. We were promised that God would never leave us or forsake us. Not matter what. I am going to bed tonight feeling better than I have in a long time. Not just because I saw my dad today, but because God is good. I have a wonderful husband that loves me unconditionally, 4 beautiful children, and 2 parents that love me. Does it get any better?

No comments:

Post a Comment