Monday, July 26, 2010

Don't Sweat the small stuff!

Our van needs to be fixed. It started w/ the tail lights not working then the brake lights, now it's the whole steering column and some electrical stuff that needs to be fixed. My uncle who is a mechanic said not to drive it b/c it could start on fire. It's our only vehichle...so the girls didn't go to playgrounds today. In the past, meaning several years ago, I really really would be panicking...now, I am not happy about it, but I am not going to lose my mind over it. Darnell has his truck for work so we don't have to worry about him getting to work. Other than that, there isn't anywhere else we HAVE to be. we have plenty of family and friends to help us out w/ going to the grocery store etc....It's not the end of the world if the kids miss playgrounds, it's not like it's school. They were disappointed but I really have realized that obviously life throws us curve balls, we need to just roll with it. So, I'm rolling! haha.. This week is Isaiah's last week of summer school. What WILL I do w/ him until the school year starts again? cross that bridge when we get to it! I am not sure what his schedule is going to look like in the fall, if he'll be going for half days again or full days.. we'll see. We've been having issues again w/ him having huge episodes, the Dr. increased on of his meds. I am hoping to see some improvement. I can honestly say though that although his episodes drain the life out of me, well maybe I'm being a little dramatic, haha, but it's sorta the truth, he's not getting violent w/ me. That is awesome. I am reading a book about how to deal w/ difficult kids. I need a manual I think!!! Like one that tells me how to handle a howling 6 yr old when he can't do something and just doesn't have the capibility to understand why not. we'll figure it out as we go. Then maybe I'll write a book, lol...

I am blessed. I feel content. There are so many that are worse off, so I am not going to sweat the small stuff.!

No comments:

Post a Comment