Thursday, June 9, 2011

God has blessed the Hoaglund Family!!!

Today I went to Savannah's 5th grade graduation awards ceremony. I was a very proud mom!!! She won 4 awards. She was a nominee for the Gilmore award which is basically for the students that are basically an all around great student. They are nominated by their teachers. She won an Outstanding Academic Excellence Award, Peer Mediation award, and one for Student Gov't. Tomorrow is Jeremiah's 8th grade graduation. I am SO emotional about all this graduation stuff. lol. It's so hard to believe. I guess, when I think back it's like we've come so far and to see my kids growing into these young adults/teenagers...it's scary. 12-15 years ago for example, we were living w/ Darnell's mom, we didn't have a car, Darnell didn't have a steady job, we were so young. If someone would have told me that in 2011 We'd live where we do, and our life would be is what it is, I know w/o a doubt I wouldn't believe it! We had a lot of hard years, heart breaking years watching Haley go thru surgeries, having to leave Jeremiah and Savannah all the time to go to Children's, and all of that. In the same respect thru all that God used that situation to bless us in ways I can't even explain. Doors opened wide that might not have otherwise...our marriage was strengthened, we have compassionate kids, so many blessings can come from hard times. Of course it took a long time for me, as a mom to really get over the stress and whatnot of whatnot of watching my child suffer. I was diagnosed w/ post traumatic stress syndrome. When I explained the whole scenario to the Dr he said, yeah, you definately have PTSD.. I don't know how you couldn't! I didn't know. Praise God we had family and friends praying for us and there for us. It is just a miracle to look back to the late 90's and see where we were at and see where are now. And I can say without a doubt it's ALL God. On our wedding day it was no secret that people were saying "oh,they are getting married for the wrong reasons, or it's not going to last" we were very aware of all that. I may have been young and pregnant, but I wasn't deaf. But God had a different plan. We were in love, dare I say, we were in love almost from the moment we started dating. And we still are. So through all the stuff we've been through, we didn't let it tear us apart. And that again, is all thanks to the Lord. I'm just a human. It's funny how so many things can get thrown at a person but God can keep you in an upright position! I did not expect to have a child w/ bladder exstrophy, or another child that is bi-polar and autistic and now myself have a diagnosis of having Chiari malformation. One thing I have learned is that what Satan intends to use to destroy us, God uses to bring glory to his name. something i need to remember more often. 
I miss my kids being little. When they were, all of my friends were no were near having kids. I felt alone then b/c I was the only mom my age. Now I don't have very many friends w/ kids that are older like my kids. so that brings on the baby itch and missing the days of mine being little again. I need to be content w/ the stage I am at. Tomorrow marks the beginning of a new stage, sort of. My birthday. 34. After I turned 30 I felt old. well that has changed since I got diagnosed w/ CM. Suddenly 34 seems quite young. And on Memorial day Darnell's cousin's friend seriously thought I was 25. SCORE!!! Then he saw jeremiah and when he found he was my son, he was like "wait a minute..." I said, yeah, I had him when I was 19 and I'm gonna be 34!!! hahahah!!!!It was great while it lasted! 
Life changes SO dang fast. we want our kids to get bigger and go to school then we want them to slow down... gotta find a happy medium and enjoy every stage otherwise we'll miss it all. I am incredibly proud of my kids. Haley finished her first year as a middle schooler w/ straight A's.Isaiah made it thru 1st grade and for him, that is a HUGE accomplishment. God has blessed the Hoaglund family!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment