Tuesday, August 23, 2011

DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!

We are going to DISNEY WORLD!!!!! January 29- Feb 4th, 2012!!! It is an absolute miracle! God has blessed us in a way I NEVER expected! The trip is booked, my mama is coming w/ us, we are also going w/ our awesome friends the Pritikins! We are booking our reservations for the restaurants we want to eat at when we are there.  We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge and we are getting an awesome deal~ This is something that we have been wanting to do for YEARS.  We never thought it would happen. God opened a HUGE door and dropped it in our lap!  At first I was a bit hesitant b/c it's obviously expensive and we have bills etc.. HOWEVER...this is what convinced me. Life is short. We are ALWAYS going to have bills, we are always going to have debt. Our kids will not always be young and home. We have ONE shot at parenting. We have a limited time to make these memories. The memories that we are going to make are going to last a lifetime. Darnell and I never had the opportunity to go on a family vacation like this. This is one of those things we wanted to give our kids b/c we didn't have it. I do not want to have regrets when the kids are grown and think dang, we should have bit the bullet and took the kids on this vacation. I feel like if we don't invest time, money and energy on building these memories w/ our children, we would be missing out on so much. Our family has been thru hell and back. Seriously, Haley's surgeries, scares of more surgery, Isaiah's hospital stays, his issues, now my diagnosis of having chiari, the crap that happened this summer, and all 4 kids having to endure all of this. They are amazingly well adjusted in spite of it all. But they DESERVE it. We deserve it. I am learning that God wants us to enjoy our lives. To some, that may be a no brainer. But after years of so much, well for lack of a better work, SHIT, we deserve to give our children a trip they'll never forget. And damnit, Darnell and I do too! 
My mom is coming w/ us which is fabulous b/c she has never had this kind of vacation either! And we also get to spend it w/ our awesome friends Jim and Jodi and their kids! God is so good. 
I feel like after some very rough months, I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I have had some killer migraines this last 3 weeks. I mean, 2 trips to the ER, I wanted to put myself into a coma they get so bad. The worst part is that at this point, I have NO hope of this ever getting better. Well when I look at it thru my human eyes. When I put God into the equation, that changes. At this point, I am still suffering w/ these headaches, neck pain that is just as bad....it affects every part of my life. It truly feels like a disability at times. I have to plan out my days, think about what I am going to do b/c I don't want to bring on a headache etc...However, I'm willing to accept this until God decides to heal me. I'm going to be having a nerve block procedure to help w/ the neck pain. I have a husband and kids that know that I am limited in what I can do and they do so much to help and make up for what I can't do. I am very thankful for my family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment