Saturday, September 3, 2011

I LOVE my KIDS!!!!!

Today I did not even get dressed. I layer around, napped, did absolutely nothing. I have been doing a lot of thinking. Next month is our 15 year wedding anniversary. I can't believe how much has happened in the last 15 years. So many ups and downs, so many awesome things, so many not so awesome things. Which I am coming to realize it just the ebb and flow of life. I have to say that I am proud of my children. They are NO DOUBT the most wonderful blessing God has ever given me w/ the exception of Darnell.We have believed that in order to raise a family, the priorities go as follows, you put God first, your spouse next and then your children. Now days most people would say, oh well you HAVE to put the kids first. Well I disagree. For US, I have found that if our marriage is strong, if the commitment we made to each other is strong and we are united, that is the best foundation to build a family on. If Darnell and I are solid, we are that much more able to give our kids what they need and deserve. I look at our kids and really they take my breath away. They can drive me bonkers, lol, but in the same token they can make me feel like I'm on top of the world. Every now and again I just feel the need to put it out there that my children are indeed, the most BEAUTIFUL children you will ever lay eyes on. Bar NONE! Don't even argue, haha. They have a beauty about them that is pure and innocent and comes from the inside out. I will be the first to say that God is completely the reason for that! I feel like it's such a privilege to raise these kids. God has given us this honor. I may have my days ( like earlier today, haha) that I am not in a mothering mood, but every mother feels that way and if they say they don't, I am convinced that they are LIARS!!! lol...It all goes w/ the territory. We have days that we can look at our kids and fall to pieces b/c they are so awesome and have other days that we just want to walk away for a moment, or more so that we don't go postal. I mean really...But the best part is that the good out weighs the bad. I look at my precious kids and see the possibilities and potential in them. I see how God is going to work thru their lives. I'm excited to see and witness what they will do w/ their lives. Savannah told me the other day that she doesn't want to be a teacher, she wants to be a pastor. She may change her mind, but I think it's awesome that she has NO FEAR and is willing to do whatever God is going to call her to do. 





No comments:

Post a Comment