Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tis the Season!

Well,  I decided to share an upbeat blog after a series of rather not so happy ones. Over the weekend we baked our little hearts out. Even Darnell did. He has always baked. Even when I met him in high school, he used to bake brownies to bring to school. So, he made the peanut butter blossoms. The girls and I made cut outs. This year they really wanted to do more so I let them. They did a great job and we made some great cookies and better memories. I made shortbread cookies, ginger cookies( they didn't turn out so well) a huge batch of monster cookies. We still have a few more things to make. Today I made homemade chicken soup. Although I really enjoy cooking and baking, I am looking forward to a little break from baking. 
Today Isaiah brought cookies for both of his teachers. he was so excited. 
Even Jeremiah really still likes to be a part of the festivities. I am so blessed that my 15 yr old son still values his family. he still wants to be involved w/ us, family get togethers, he doesn't want to miss out on any of it. That, my friends, is a true blessing from God. 
I am looking forward to finishing our christmas shopping, and spending the weekend w/ our families. 
I have plenty I could gripe about, but today, I chose to focus on the good.