Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tis the Season!

Well,  I decided to share an upbeat blog after a series of rather not so happy ones. Over the weekend we baked our little hearts out. Even Darnell did. He has always baked. Even when I met him in high school, he used to bake brownies to bring to school. So, he made the peanut butter blossoms. The girls and I made cut outs. This year they really wanted to do more so I let them. They did a great job and we made some great cookies and better memories. I made shortbread cookies, ginger cookies( they didn't turn out so well) a huge batch of monster cookies. We still have a few more things to make. Today I made homemade chicken soup. Although I really enjoy cooking and baking, I am looking forward to a little break from baking. 
Today Isaiah brought cookies for both of his teachers. he was so excited. 
Even Jeremiah really still likes to be a part of the festivities. I am so blessed that my 15 yr old son still values his family. he still wants to be involved w/ us, family get togethers, he doesn't want to miss out on any of it. That, my friends, is a true blessing from God. 
I am looking forward to finishing our christmas shopping, and spending the weekend w/ our families. 
I have plenty I could gripe about, but today, I chose to focus on the good. 

1 comment:

  1. Focusing on the good is so important. It changes how we see the world, our lives, and every moment of every day. Determining to focus on the good allows us to have the life we've hoped and dreamed. Thanks, Melissa, for sharing with us an upbeat story today :).

    ReplyDelete