Sunday, December 4, 2011

writer's remorse??

I had a case of writer's remorse this morning when I woke up and remembered what I blogged about last night. But the more I thought about it, the more I am glad I am open about my situation. Believe me, there's plenty more I don't share, don't need to and don't want to. But I think there's something to be said for stepping out in faith and not being afraid to talk about a portion of what you go through. 


I seem to be going thru a very dark season in my life, between the assault (which is hard enough all by itself) and my health issues, I feel like I'm barely hanging on. But I want to focus tonight on the blessings in my life. First and foremost my relationship w/ God. He has never left or forsaken me, he does not judge me and his arms are always wide open for me, no matter how many times I screw up. I have a husband that loves me unconditionally, he spoils me and treats me like a princess. We've been married for 15 years and been thru a lot, and we are still in love. My kids. My babies. I could go on forever about what blessings they are. I couldn't have imagined having kids as awesome as they are. I have an awesome best friend, Julie! She has been here for me this year in the way  a sister is. We've been best friends for so many years that I just feel so blessed to call her my BFF. She genuinely cares about me, my family, she calls me to make sure I'm ok, she remembers the little things. She's a blessing. I have a lot of awesome friends that do the same. It's something I do not take for granted. I don't know what I'd do w/o them in my life. And my family, well there aren't enough words. my mom is there for me for anything and everything and supports me. I don't know what I'd do w/o her. 
So even though I have  a lot of crap going on, I am TRYING to find the good and remember the good in my life. I don't like my circumstances but I can't change them. So..I'm doing the best I can. We have Christmas to look forward to, then at the end of January our dream family vacation to Disney World. God is good.