Sunday, October 23, 2011

Great Prayer time!!!

Tonight I had a GREAT prayer time. I love that I finally am spending more time listening to worship music, reading my bible and praying. It's refreshing. Tonight, I was really struggling b/c I am looking at our finances thru my human eyes and getting frustrated. Thinking of ways I could make some extra money...when I know that that isn't the answer. It makes me feel useless~ well it did make me feel that way. We've got more that needs to go out than what is coming in.. However, I was reading and was reminded that I need to concentrate on the things above, that I cannot see. My focus is always on the details that I can't change. Well What I can change is my focus. And my focus needs to be on God. It's not my job to micro manage everything. I don't have the answers, but I can lean on the one who does. That put me back into a place of peace.
I know without a doubt that if I don't stay in prayer and focused, my emotions will get all out of whack and the devil will have a field day with me. Well no more I say, NO MORE!!! So I got out my note cards and put a bunch of verses and encouraging phrases that I am going to put up around the house. I need to be reminded frequently, lol. I KNOW we are not destined to live a life of just barely making it. He wants more than that for us. I need to get in line with that. So, it was a good evening. very good indeed!