Sunday, October 23, 2011

Great Prayer time!!!

Tonight I had a GREAT prayer time. I love that I finally am spending more time listening to worship music, reading my bible and praying. It's refreshing. Tonight, I was really struggling b/c I am looking at our finances thru my human eyes and getting frustrated. Thinking of ways I could make some extra money...when I know that that isn't the answer. It makes me feel useless~ well it did make me feel that way. We've got more that needs to go out than what is coming in.. However, I was reading and was reminded that I need to concentrate on the things above, that I cannot see. My focus is always on the details that I can't change. Well What I can change is my focus. And my focus needs to be on God. It's not my job to micro manage everything. I don't have the answers, but I can lean on the one who does. That put me back into a place of peace.
I know without a doubt that if I don't stay in prayer and focused, my emotions will get all out of whack and the devil will have a field day with me. Well no more I say, NO MORE!!! So I got out my note cards and put a bunch of verses and encouraging phrases that I am going to put up around the house. I need to be reminded frequently, lol. I KNOW we are not destined to live a life of just barely making it. He wants more than that for us. I need to get in line with that. So, it was a good evening. very good indeed! 

1 comment:

  1. Great post!! We always need those reminders that forces us to look upward in dependence to God and helps us to realize that all that matters is what counts for eternity. Thanks for the post.

    I am new to the blogging community and I stumbled upon your blog in Mom Loop and followed you. It's great to see fellow Christians on here :) hope you'll stop by and follow me back! www.heart2heart-miab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete