Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day 3 of Easter Vacation

Well it is the middle of the week and FINALLY nice enough outside to send the kids OUT!!! They have been pretty good, just LOUD!!! LOL...This morning I could hear them playing house, Savannah was the "mom"..lol..it's scary when your 8 yr old can sound just like you..Yesterday I conquered the laundry. Darnell got it started last week, and I have finally finished it... almost. At times I feel it to be quite boring that the highlight of me week is that ALL the laundry is done. I mean really..is that all there is? Not really. When I think about 5 or 10 years down the line, the days of playing house will be over, the girls writing goofy poems and playing dress up will be long gone. Watching Isaiah trail behind 4 girls all day long and his role in "house" is the brother "Sam" as he named himself! Jeremiah escapes it all at Blair's where he plays video games and soaks in the hottub...I feel very blessed that I can be home w/ them. That I am the one hearing them play house, yelling at them to stop jumping up and down because it feels like the house is going to crumble. My house may not smell like scented candles or potpourri...more like mac-n-cheese and hotdogs a lot of the time. I am at a place that I know my place is at home. Having 2 children w/ disabilities is a challenge in itself. Darnell and I really feel like my place is at home. Do I still want to be a nurse? Of course.. but right now, that road is blocked and I'm ok w/ that. I don't ever want to look back and regret missing something, or not being there. I have another big job and that is to be an advocate for Isaiah and Haley. Right now, more so for Isaiah. I have so much ahead of me to make sure he gets the help he needs. So even though there are days that I just want to stay under the covers, I know that if I do.. I might miss something...

No comments:

Post a Comment