Sunday, December 19, 2010

Shopping!!!!

So today we got a lot of shopping done! Buying Christmas presents for 4 kids sure is draining, but sooo much fun. Once I get going, I see so many things that I know each one of them would like. I have to really make sure to remember what the season is really about. Like any human being, any mom, I want to SHOWER my kids with gifts. I want to WOW them on Christmas morning. However, WOW-ing them is not what Christmas is about. With that being said, we get them a decent amount of gifts and remind them regularly what Christmas is really about.
I did not walk tonight. TOOO cold. I hung out w/ Ruth. I dropped the girls off to sleep over and then stayed for awhile and hung out w/ Ruth. Tomorrow I am going to be baking up a storm. And, we are going to Monument square to see the ice sculptures. They are really something! It's almost 1 a.m. and I am watching "Dexter" I've heard a lot of people talk about it, it's a little weird, but I'm just seeing what it's about. I am also doing laundry.
While shopping for Christmas presents I also started realizing the things the kids need, new snow boots, snow pants, socks, underwear, Tshirts, dress shoes/clothes.. never ending list! lol.. I am so thankful that we are able to provide for our kids. It's by God's faithfulness. We may not have every single thing all at once, but they have what they need. This year we have been blessed by many people in many different ways. There's no way I can repay all of those people, except to pray that God will bless them immensely for their willingness to reach out to us. I pray I can be that hand reaching out to someone else. Sounds cheezy, but's it's the truth. Well I am going to switch loads and hit the hay!

No comments:

Post a Comment