Friday, December 31, 2010

Good-Bye 2010

Well 2010 was a better year than 2009. It was a big year for us in a lot of ways. In Feburary, on Valentine's Day on our way to the Dells, I received a text that changed my life. My dad contacted me. We hadn't had any contact since I was 17. Long story short, I now have a great relationship w/ my dad! I met 2 of my brothers and their families. It was absolutely something I never imagined would happen, but did!!

In May, We moved. We now live right across the street from Lake Michigan. I'll be the first to admitt, it was a hard move for me at first. I loved our old house, I did not want to move. However, financially we just couldn't handle it anymore. God opened the doors to this house. It was so awesome! I love our new house, I am looking forward to this spring and summer and getting some great use out of our porches.

This year our kids seemed to have grown like weeds. Jeremiah is quite a bit taller than me now! The girls are turning into "tween-agers"...that state between still having one foot in the little girl world and one foot and being a teenager. scary. They are good girls! They are fun and sweet, they get along. I really couldn't ask for a better daughters. The dynamics between them are amazing. I just love listening to them, watching them. Isaiah has sone so much better. he's done well in school, he's doing so much better. We still have some hurdles, but from where we were a year ago. Jeremiah is in his last year of middle school. I can't believe it. I look at him and just can't believe that my boy is a young man!!!!!

In October, Darnell and I celebrated 14 years of marriage. He sent me on vacation, to Florida, in November, ALL BY MYSELF!!!!! haha! I went for 10 days to visit Aaron and Meg. It was so much fun, relaxing. It was exactly what I needed. It was something I had seriously prayed for for so long. I had wanted, no needed a vacation for soo long. God provided.

Darnell is my best friend. he's the most wonderful husband and dad I could ever want. He knows me better than anyone. He spoils me. I tell him not to, he doesn't listen. lol. He really has shown me that he loves me just the way I am. I am so blessed. I wonder, a lot of the time, why in the world he loves me! He does though and I love him so much. Yeah, I know most people don't want to read about lovey dovey stuff. but too bad! lol

This year I have learned a lot. I am working on trusting God more and worrying less. I have struggled w/ my weight this year. I started doing zumba this year. That has opened a door to a whole new world of exercise!
Well I will wrap this up. It was a good year. a lot of changes, good and bad. But w/o change, God can't do what he wants to do. Change hurts...it is uncomfortable..but necessary.

Good Bye 2010!!

No comments:

Post a Comment