Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Happy Thanksgiving! We had a nice one. We went to my mom's and then to Darnell's grandparent's. Everyone is tired! The kids all fell asleep pretty early! 
It's only Thursday and it's been a rough week. aside from some psychological issues then followed by some physical problems, I am struggling with something that I am sure God is allowing me to go thru for a reason. Here it is. I want to shop. I want this and that, and you name it. My mom used to call it a serious case of the "I wants". I feel horrible b/c my husband works his ass off. He has always spoiled me. he says he likes to. But I feel guilty. If I would just keep my mouth shut... You know the verse that says to be content w/ what you have? well let me tell you, I'm being put to the test.  God has blessed us, and I know that we have enough "stuff". My problem is that I want "stuff" like yankee candles and a new phone and new rugs and more yarn and more shoes for my girls and hair products for savannah's hair...let me see, is that it? Oh and a new blue tooth, new christmas tree w/ some decorations.. i mean seriously, how greedy do I sound? EXTREMELY. especially when I see homeless people walking down the street or waiting by the Salvation army. This is a hard lesson for me to learn. I keep saying I'm working on it. I'm trying, I don't want to be a greedy brat. I want to be perfectly content with what I have. I have a hardworking husband trying to make ends meet. I don't want to add stress to him. That would not and does not make God happy. And God has blessed me IMMENSELY in so many areas. My good friend just GAVE me her food processor this week. TOTALLY made my day. I've been wanting one for forever because I cook and bake so much. so I have no right to be greedy. So.. I just needed to get all that off my chest. Keeping it all in, for me, is like poison. I need to go without some of the stuff I don't need and focus on God. He is all I need. I don't want to learn this lesson the hard way. Pray for me! At the end of this Thanksgiving night, I am thankful for what I have. More importantly, I am thankful for a great God that I serve and that loves me and will be with as I grow mature thru this situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment