Friday, December 18, 2009

Sleepovers, Christmas programs....


Yesterday we got a 46 inch TV w/ a new stand & a playstation 3. Darnell has been wanting a new TV for soooo long, I am so happy for him to get it. He NEVER buys himself anything, EVER. He deserves it. He wanted the playstation 3 more b/c it has a blue ray DVD player. The perk was we got no payments till Feb & no downpayment! Now that we have a huge TV, I will never not have a big tv, haha. We went to Haley & Savannah's Christmas program last night. It was JAM packed.. Tamiah was in it too so Joanie & Tim were there, they stayed to watch our girls sing, it was nice. I think it's awesome that our girls, and Tamiah will have memories of going to the same school, being in programs together and seeing a whole row of us waving at them. Dominick is sleeping over tonight. Isaiah was sooo excited! He had his teacher come today, he's really doing well. Having a one on one teaching experience is so good for him. She gave him a Christmas present and it was puzzles an he loves them, and spent the afternoon playing w/ them. He also is starting to poop on the toilet!!!! He's doing it by himself! I am Praying that this is the beginning of the process of him using the toilet regularly so we can get him out of pull ups. It's very normal for kids w/ Isaiah's issues to have toileting issues as well. I've been told not to make it a big deal and he will eventually go on his own. It's all part of his sensory disorder and the feeling of having control. So, when he goes on the toilet, we praise him like he won a gold medal in the olympics, lol..He's had some episodes, but in the same turn, he's made some good progress. I think the time home w/ just the 2 of us is really helping repair the strain that was there b/c I was always the one wrestling w/ him all summer when he was having episode after episode. Now, he comes and cuddles me, says I love you w/o me even saying it first. I feel like I have my boy back. The other kids are sooo amazingly patient w/ him, and loving. And thankfully they are to me as well. As I deal w/ this last years stress, I know I haven't been easy to live w/. I'm exhausted all the time, I'm struggling w/ depression and my family is awesome to me. I really think my kids are especially anointed. They just have so much joy and love. I struggle w/ the whole church thing, but I am finding that I need to do what I need to do. If people judge me, well so be it. They haven't walked in my shoes. I know where I'm at w/ God. My kids not going to be heathens b/c we don't go to church regularly. I think eventually we will get back in the routine of it, but it is what it is right now. They/I am learning that my christianity does not balance on my church attendance. I could go on and on, but I won't. God is good to us, He loves us. That's what I focus on!! Christmas is a week away! I can't believe it! The kids are excited, I am too. I still have a lot of shopping to do since D doesn't get paid till Wednesday.. but it will all get done. Well I am going to sign off...

No comments:

Post a Comment