Friday, March 4, 2011

Things are looking up!

It's Friday! I am glad it's Friday and I am glad it is March. This month Darnell starts his new schedule and will be off on Sunday, Monday and Wednesday's. So that means he can come to church again. I can't remember if I blogged that I spoke w/ the nurse and that Haley will probably need surgery. We knew this was coming. I know she is in God's hands. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't stressed out a bit. However I am trying my best to do what I need to do, get all the loose ends tied up so that if she for sure goes into surgery I will be prepared. We have a great support system. For that I couldn't be more thankful.
My good friend Jen Powell has been helping me get things going w/ Isaiah. I finally will be getting some respite care, and in home thearpy, well hopefully. I got the ball rolling at least. And I made Isaiah another schedule. Jen showed me how to do it. I bought I laminator, who knew those things were so cheap and so fun! lol... But Isaiah loves his schedule. He asks for it. He loves being able to see what he's going to do and what's next. It makes transition times go easier. I will be happy to have respite care for him though. It will be with family though. I couldn't send him off to strangers, no matter how badly I needed a break. But I think sometimes he needs a break too. Especially when we have running around to do..that stuff drives him nuts. It will be nice for everyone.
Since we bought the IPad.. it has been awesome for Isaiah. There are tons of apps for kids that are autistic. Because they have such a hard time communicating, some of these apps helps them communicate. It was money well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment