Friday, April 15, 2011

TGIF??

This week has been a whirlwind of emotions. Obviously I am THRILLED that Haley does not need surgery.  That is a huge blessing and I am so glad my sweet girl can go on being a 12 year old girl that has spring break to look forward to and not surgery. Yesterday we got the letter telling us that Savannah got into the Real School, which is awesome. So now Haley and Savannah will be there until they graduate. I'm very happy about that!
My emotions on the other hand have been all over the place. I feel as if I just want to scream!!! This stupid Chiari malformation that I have is weird and hard to explain yet leaves me feeling like crap a lot of the time. Trying to be technical when explaining it is almost not worth the effort. In plain english, I get headaches that make you want to punch your fist thru a wall, fatique that does not go away, other nagging things like weird numbness and tingling in my hands and feet, horrible neck pain. I have been dealing w/ all this for months and have just dealt with it. If I had mentioned to anyone any one of these things I would have sounded like a nut. Now when you put them all together, it makes sense. So hooray for me, they fit. But it's SOO hard to find the right meds to help w/ the headaches and neck pain.
I'll be honest, I'm not exactly the queen of being positive. And I'll just be real, this week, I am far from positive. Just not feeling it. However today I woke up today without a headache which is great. That I am thankful for!! Darnell is awesome! He's let me rand and rave and cry and sleep when I need to. I will get back into a groove. I'm thankful for a husband for giving me the time I need to deal w/ this.

No comments:

Post a Comment