Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Moments.....

You know shows like Grey's Anatomy get you thinking, or at least get me thinking. They make life seem so surreal. Like how guys look all dreamy and sweet at the girl, the guy has all this emotion, the girl is perfect, perfect figure, perfect skin..It makes reality seem so, so....boring. Oh well, I think it's the moments in reality that we need to (or rather I need to) focus on. The moments when my kids do something to take my breath away and have to try so hard to remember every single moment...I have been dealing w/ this whole new age thing w/ my kids. Jeremiah is 13, he's a young man. He's so tall, he looks like a teenager. MY BABY IS A TEENAGER!!! 5 more years, and he'll legally be able to go out into the world..OMG that makes me want to puke. When the kids were littler I spent most of my time just getting thru the day....I spent most of my days in the kitchen....the days ran into each other and that was when they were babies and toddlers. Then all of a sudden they start school and although I am not doing so much for the kids, it's a different kind of busy. Why does it have to go so fast? Honestly, I'm scared of them growing up. I may say, on a bad day, oh my I can't WAIT for a quiet house. Now I will want a quiet house, but I know at some point, the door will open and my house once again is filled w/ kids voices, laughter, the sound of the Disney channel, lol....the sounds of someone yellling " MOM!!!!" for one reason or another. However when they are grown, that won't be the case. So I guess I need to focus on the moments from day to day. Today, this moment, Isaiah is riding his bike in front of the house back and forth waitig for his friend across the street to come outside. Haley is out there with him w/ her jump rope, Savannah is vacuuming, lol....so for now, my house is filled w/ loud kids, busy kids and although I complain about needing a break, blah blah blah.. I wouldn't change any of it. I am blessed. I am soo thankful for who I have in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment