Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Beginning....


We met in the summer of 1994. It was the summer before my senior year. I saw him for the first time wearing a blue dress. Yes that is right, a blue dress. And then he got a pie in the face, I think. We were at youth group. Afterwards, he played basketball and I hung out w/ my friends desperately wondering who this tall, black kid was that came w/ our friend Ryan. Well Ryan ended up giving me a ride home, he had his mom's mini van. We were so cool, haha... This guy rode w/ us. I ended up riding next to him. Yes, he was SWEATY!!!! He put his arm around me. I thought I was going to die. This was my first experience with a guy getting this close to me. We flirted, he teased me that I was his "pretend girlfriend"...That was just the beginning. Little did I know that I would one day become his wife, the mother of his children. We have children that look a little like me a lot like him...There is something to be said for looking at the love of your life and then looking at your children and seeing yourself and him in your kids. You see facial expressions, a look that stops you in your tracks! I am sure that the day I saw him, I never imagined in my wildest dreams that he'd pick me. I had hoped he just liked me, much to my amazement he fell in love with me and I with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment