Thursday, January 14, 2010

When did I become a grown up?

I am coming close to turning 33... wow.. where has the time gone? All of a sudden I will be doing something and it hits me, " I'm an adult, a wife, a mother" One might say, well "Duh.. you've been married for over 13 years and have 4 kids.. but you know that moment when you are doing somehting and become very aware of the fact that Oh man, I'm grown up!!! Today I got some good cleaning done, rooms cleaned.. I read a few chapters in the bible, spent less time on the computer and even played connect 4 w/ Isaiah! I felt like, in my mind, I met my wife/mommy requirements! Sad but true.. I have these goals in my head, ideas of how I want to be and today, for the firt time in awhile, I felt like I accomplished some of that today. Haley is doing much better. She visited Walden today. I REALLY pray she gets in! Last night I went to the mom's small group at KFA. It was really a breath of fresh air. Moving to a different church is not easy. I didn't think Jeremiah would go to youth group, but we asked him if he would be willing to at least try it. And he did, and he said he would go back. I didn't pressure him at all. We made it clear that he is still able to go to RAG for youth group. This was his decision. He's at a touchy age, I don't want to force him into anything, especially when it comes to church and his relationship w/ God. It's a crucial time in his life, so I know if we push too hard, we may compleltely push him out of wanting to go to church. If going to Crave is what he is more than welcome. So we'll see what God has in store for our family.

Darnell goes to the Dr tomorrow, thank God. He will talk to Dr. Durbin about D's acid reflux, possible sleep apnea, if and when he needs his throat dialated.. so I am glad he's going. Well I am signing off for the night, I somehow sprained or something, my left pointer finger.. Darnell told me to pull on it to pull it back out.. I told him he's crazy, lol.. either way, it's bugging me, I'm sleepy...good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment